I was asking myself if I should post about Indigo Children or not…Finally I decided to do so, for I believe this information might help some of my readers to understand their own nature and behaviour better.
Indigo children is a New Age concept developed by Nancy Anne Tappe describing children who are alleged to possess special traits or abilities. The concept was initially developed in the 1970s, gaining popular interest with the publication of a series of books in the late 1990s and the release of several films in the following decade. Beliefs about indigo children range from their being the next stage in human evolution, possessing paranormal abilities, to the belief that they are simply more empathetic and creative than their non-indigo peers. There is no science or studies that give credibility to the existence or traits of indigo children. Many children labeled “indigo” are diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.
When I first came across this theory a year ago (too late!) I realised that it explains absolutely everything in my behaviour, especially in my childhood.
What is an indigo Child?
- They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
- They have a feeling of “deserving to be here,” and are surprised when others don’t share that.
- Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents “who they are.”
- They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
- They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
- They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don’t require creative thought.
- They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like “system busters” (nonconforming to any system).
- They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
- They will not respond to “guilt” discipline (“Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did”).
- They often posses some “paranormal” abilities.
- They are aware of their mission of saving the world and they are sometimes too serious about it.
These children are often the older new children. They are rebellious, and want things done their way. They have new ideas and are here to bring down the old systems of thinking and doing on this planet. It is their mission. They are also here to make the planet safe for the more sensitive Crystal children to come in. They are often considered to have “warrior spirits”. They have unique gifts, high intelligence, remarkable spirituality, strong intuition, and intense willpower. As for physical characteristics, they have what are often called “old soul” eyes. They have deep eyes that are “grown-up” and full of wisdom. Indigo’s are commonly misdiagnosed as having ADD. This does not mean that every child with ADD is an Indigo child.
When I’ve read some sites on it (unfortunately often too esoteric), I just realised that is about me! (more…)