I feel that it’s time to cancel the doomsday, because the game is over, we won.
Why? How? What?
Let me explain it here.
Five years back I was one of the first to spread the word about the doomsday in December 2012 (my post here) – at least by that time Google showed my post among the first results on this topic. Some time after a big hype about the Mayan Calender and the End of Time made the mainstrim think of some deeper questions about their being and existence.
My perception of the recent 5 years is that the time is spinning so fast and everything is changing so rapidly!… I have been watching social networks for peoples reflections on themselves and the outside world for some years now and here are my obervations:
- spirituality has finally became mainstream, or at least something “natural”, it has become a word for many people; earlier it was mostly connected only to religion.
- even in business spiritual awareness is rising (one of the most popular professional networks in Europe, XING has over 4.200 members in a group “spirituality and business”, almost same situation on the biggest Anglo-Saxon network LinkedIn).
- today many people are aware of the fact that “one has to forgive” to live happily… alas, it took people over 2.000 years after Jesus Christ brought that message to realise that. Interestingly, even some decades ago that forgiveness was not in collective awareness that much as today. And it is growing!
- all in all, the number of spiritually aware people is terrific! – everywhere I look I see them, meet them, read about them. When the first modern wave of spirituality came in 60-70s, these people were considered ” a bit funny” – now being spiritual means being normal, even fashionable! Isn’t it a great awareness shift?
- not only spirituality, but general kindness and goodness of people is increasing: at least what I know from the West is that the numbers are people selflessly doing any non-paid service to the society are huge! Only in Austria 44 % of population works for free in various projects and non-profit organization beyond their regular jobs. (more…)