“When enlightened, love is not an emotion…it is a power that acts.”
When love is not an emotion October 25, 2011
The global changes we have not noticed… October 17, 2011
Over the last 50 years the life on this planet has changed dramatically. I wonder if we can fully realize what has happened to us? Here are some observations on this topic, compared to what we know about the previous history.
- People got used to the idea of change, so used to change, that they are expecting permanent change.
- Population control: sex has been separated from reproduction, contraception is universally available, Contraceptives are displayed prominently in drug stores, right up with the cigarettes and chewing gum.
- Abortion is no longer a crime.
- Homosexuality is “allowed”.
- Clothing styles became more stimulating and provocative. It is not just the amount of skin that is exposed that makes clothing sexually seductive, but other, more subtle things are often suggestive.
- Families are limited in size, divorce has become more easier and prevalent, the marriage relationship are less stable and, therefore, people are less willing to have babies.
- The old are no longer useful. They become a burden. After you have had enough of it and you’re no longer productive, working, and contributing, then you should be ready to step aside for the next generation.
- Medical care is closely connected to work. If you don’t work or can’t work, you hardly have access to medical care. Everybody is made dependent on insurance and if you don’t have insurance then you pay directly; the cost of your care is enormous.
- Children spend more time in schools, but in many schools they can’t learn much. They learn some things, but not as much as formerly. Better schools in better areas with better people, their kids can learn more.
- Students have to decide at a younger age what they would want to study and get onto their track early. It is harder to change to another field of study once you get started. Studies are concentrated in much greater depth, but narrowed. People become very specialised in their own area of expertise. But they are not able to get a broad education and not be able to understand what is going on overall.
- Gambling changed from illegal to state monopoly: state lotteries are very popular. (more…)
How to please God October 13, 2011
This is my third major realization from my fresh motherhood: if we consider God’s parental nature (Creator) then it is quite natural to imagine what would please such a being. How can a child please a parent the most?
The growth of a child, any kind of it (physical, psychological, professional, spiritual, etc) is what pleases the parent the most.
How to easily understand the nature of God October 5, 2011
This is another realization I gained out of my fresh motherhood and happy to share with you here.
If we consider God as the Creator then we can easily see that this creative power acts like … a parent. Not a new thought may be :). However it stroke me only after I became a mother myself that actually God takes care of every tiny things in its Creation as a parent, like a mother does it towards her children. Everything a mother or father does: watching the child, smiling at it, giving presents, makeing it laugh, feeding, bringing to bed, giving it a bath, teaching something nice and millions of other actions… all that is being done towars us by God too.
And then I thought that actually all people who became parents must have no problems whatsoever with trusting God and enjoying life as it comes, because they can easily understand that they are indeed under the complete care of the Divine!
This simple realization was quite stunning to me. (more…)
Life October 2, 2011
Some wisdom from one enlightened engineer
The enlightened people we know mostly come from some artistic or humanitarian background. It is – alas! – quite a rare case that an enlightened person works in the technical field and makes our life not only more comfortable but also more in tune with the Nature and its wisdom. The arcitectually monstrous and ecologically unfriendly surroundings and products we consume is a sad evidence for the lack of evolved inventors and technitians.
One of the greatest geniuses representing enlightened inventors was Nicola Tesla whom I admire a lot and posted already about him some years back – check it out here.
Today let me introduce you another great soul of the 20 century.
Richard Buckminster “Bucky” Fuller (July 12, 1895 – July 1, 1983) was an American engineer, systems theorist, author, designer, inventor and futurist.
Fuller published more than 30 books, inventing and popularizing terms such as “Spaceship Earth”, ephemeralization, and synergetics. He also developed numerous inventions, mainly architectural designs, the best known of which is the geodesic dome. Carbon molecules known as fullerenes were later named by scientists for their resemblance to geodesic spheres.
However Fuller was not only all that. He was probably one of the most peculiar and multi-faceted people that lived in the past century. He was an architect, poet, mathematician, ecologist, designer…And simply and enlightend person, probably born relised. Here are some his quotes, just see for yourself: (more…)