There is something about quotes…
Why do we like them? Because quotes make us wiser? Because quotes express something we always knew but could not utter? Because quotes are the gem of human intellectual heritage?
I invite you here to share your favourite quotes (one or several and possibly explain why do you like these particular ones).
Let me start with my examples. Most of them I posted already earlier.
- Happiness lies in thinking or doing that which one considers beautiful. (Hazrat Inayat Khan)
- Even if you are an Angel, there will always be someone who doesn’t like the sound of your wings rustling….(author unknown)
- People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. (Audrey Hupburn)
- By self-realization a man becomes larger than the universe. The world in which he lives becomes as a drop in the ocean of his heart. (Hazrat Inayat Khan)
- Intellectuals are those nice people who think they reach their destination merely by studying the road map. (Gregoir de Kalbermatten)
- The ideal life is in following one’s own ideal. It is not in checking other people’s ideals (Hazrat Inayat Khan)
- You are love. You come from love. You are made by love. You cannot cease to love. (Hazrat Inayat Khan)
These 7 quotes I have chosen, when I read them altogether I realize that they represent my being very well. Probably that’s the secret behind a quote? That it reflects our present state and we enjoy the harmony between the quote and our soul? What is your idea?
Thanks and loads of LOVE,