image by katisommer
Every day thousands of people join blogosphere. Blogging is not just something new. It is the new way of living for those who choose that amazing way of expressing oneself and communicating with the world (online AND offline!). Now for those who still hesitate – to blog or not to blog? – I have put together some points that might be attractive. Why? Because blogging in may ways is the easiest and cheapest way of a personality training: YOUR BLOG IS YOUR COACH.
So what happens when you start blogging? What do you gain?
1. Determination -especially if your blog has a certain theme, you will want to keep collecting materials and posting good pieces on that. Even if it determination is not your strength, you will have to learn it. What is great about blogging in that this learning process happens naturally, in the flow. Your blog will teach you to follow your ideas determinedly!
2. Commitment – oh, that is a gold-value quality today, when more and more modern people avoid committing themselves to any serous relationships. And blogging can become very serious when you will find out one day that there are hundreds/thousands of readers waiting for your next post out there! Thus, your blog will be a good commitment trainer!
3. Dedication– blogging needs lots of dedication in terms of time and attention (your mind will be searching for new stories, new inspirations constantly). The question “What shall I post next” – will become same natural as “what will I eat for lunch?”. You may even quit some other activities (like I quit TV), because you suddenly discover that it is more fascinating to make news yourself rather than digest some propaganda. And, finally the essence of dedication is that it is done with the heart. You can only blog well if your heart is there. Your blog will open your heart!
4. Sharing – even if your ordinal idea is some showing-off, you will land up sharing things for the benevolence of others. Otherwise who will read something of no use for anyone except of you? Your blog will help you realise the essence of sharing! (If by chance you missed that quality before).
5. Sustaining friendship – that seem a bit of a problem for many. In the fast changing modern world people meet and then split, for various reasons. Having a blog, you will have a platform to meet your old and new friends. You will learn how to sustain the developing relationships with your readers and yourself become a stamm-reader of your favourite blogs… The blogger-relationships are not any different from the any relationships offline, but here you will have a touch of something special, some kind of anonymous intimacy and trust… a bit wired mix 🙂 Your Blog will bring you waves of new, fascinating people to meet and to make friends with!
6. Collective thinking– especially if you write in English and use WordPress you will interact with the world wide community of intelligent, cool people who are the Earth citizens. Blogsphere, probably more than any other Web 2.0 part represent the exchange of ideas, support, transfer, and generation of knowledge (personal experience based, not the dead knowledge!) on the collective level. You become the ACTIVE paritipator of the collective thinking. You become more sensitive to the information in general and more or less independent from the media and marketing brainwash. Your blog will make you feel Oneness and consciously touch the Collective Being of mankind!
I am done here. There are surely many more +points and it would be great to hear what my experienced blogger-readers will say to it (thanks in advance!).
Of course, blogging means lots of fun too, but I wanted to underline the educational aspect of it. People spend lots of money on training and self-improving programmes, but here is the simple and very powerful tool which is easily and for free available to everyone. Go for it and your personal and professional qualities will flourish!