northen lights by Kjell Arne Thomassen
Nita tagged me again (thanks!) – an interesting meme which forces one to “think out of the box”. I like the idea but the way the meme tries to encourage one to trying new things out “because of this meme” seems rather suspicious to me (NLP?)… So I did not like it at the first sight. At the second sight I saw some interesting points in there and I have done it!
Meme instruction: Please thoughtfully consider the following, and choose one item for each of the categories below. (Be sure to describe your reasons for choosing)
- One religious work from a non-familiar tradition you’ll read:
Interesting question… Due to my spiritual practice of Sahaja Yoga I am familiar with all the religions traditions – in fact I am also practicing all of them! 🙂 I`ve read all the “main” religions books (Koran, Bible, Gita, Kabbala, some on Buddhism) as well as many less known… These books are indeed great, but I want my personal experiences now.
- One music video-that you like-from your “least likely to listen to’ genre:
- A book from a genre you almost never read, that you have read, or you will read (promise!):
I was a book-glutton once, now I hardly read a book per year 🙂 I guess I tried all possible styles already… I actually want to read a book written by a friend of mine! – for example by Nita or by Solveig, or any other friend of mine who will finally write one!! I think it is the best genre – books written by personal friends 🙂
- Somewhere you’d never thought to go on holiday/vacation, and why it might be fun to go there?
North Pole! I`d love to see the Northen lights LIVE, must be gorgeous…. And the endless snow fields and Mounts…wow…
- A specific food you’ve never tried, but will because of this meme, honest!:
I like trying new foods! Also something special – but surely not because of this meme 🙂
- A sport or game you really hate, or haven’t tried yet, but are willing to give one more go:
I am not much into sports. I really dislike all agressive sports like box, and I can not even think of trying it out.
- A style of dance you probably won’t try (we won’t make you promise on this one):
I tried already many styles of dance (Russian folks dance, Ball-room dancing, Latin-American Dance, Indian Classical Kuchipudi, hip-hop, ets). Not many are missing 🙂 I guess it is a jazz dance that I would probably not try.
- A career job you don’t feel you’re suited for, and why:
Enerything that has to do with money-counting or technique. I am so hopelessly bad at these things!
- An item that’s “thinking out of the box’ for this meme that hadn’t been included:
A blog-post you always wanted to post but could not do it by now for various reasons? ( “10 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT RUSSIA” would be my answer)
- If there’s one thing in life you wanted to do, and will do because of this meme, what will it be?
I always wanted to jump with the parachute, I even made a course for that, but had to cancel the jump itself 😦 I don’t know if I will ever jump – but it is very unlikely that any meme can has an impact on my decision – I ma generally not that easy to influence 🙂
I am tagging Radha, Raj, Solveig, Swaps , Raman and Bala – it feels realistic that they will do the meme 🙂
Your answers were so interesting Axinia! It revealed things about you that surprised me! I had no idea that you had read religous work of all kinds, I guess I always thought that being agnostic (or atheist) you wouldn’t have.
And I am looking forward to that post of yours!
I don’t like doing memes, Axinia. But since you have tagged me, I shall not disappoint you 🙂
Nita, my greatest intrest has always been on the development of the mankins. Since religions have a tremendous impact (both positive and negative) on the humans, I was always wonderin what is there in that books…At finst my intrest was of a scinetific kind. Then I foudna lots of deepness and wisdom in each of this book. At the same time also some noncense…The fact that disturbs me about all these religious mega-books is that NONE of them was written by the founder!
Not many people know that:
– Bible was mostly written and Christianity was set up by Paul who was nt Chris`s desiple!!! He has never meet Christ in life but claimd a lot.
– Koran was written after 40 years after MOhammend?“s death!! HOw much do you think people can really remember what Mohamen said (think of how much do we remembe what someone said yesterday 🙂
-Gita was not written by Krishna either…
There is the divine sparcle in each of these books, but it is the people who made the followers of all religions hate each other. 😦