The word “joy” has been terribly abused since 20th century.
Searching for “joy” on Google I first saw nothing less than links to pornosites and then all sorts of selling…
It seems like it is what people want the most. Such an abuse of this powerful and bubbling with colors (or may be it is only pink?) word makes me sad… What kind of joy they want to sell?
And what does Wikipedia say? ´” Joy is an emotion of great happiness”. Is it an emotion?
I would say – no!
To me joy is a state, state of being. Any emotion is influenced by an outside happening. The true joy is just there… It will not come and go. It is there…
Recently I was introspecting my character and found out that my main quality which I am sure and aware of is that of living in a state of joy. It is an ability to enjoy every thing, every moment, no matter what.
How can I describe it?
- I enjoy waking up in my princess-bed
- I enjoy dressing and making myself up – every day it is a miracle to me how a sleepy “nothing” turns into a lovely image
- I enjoy watching people`s faces on my way to work – everyone is so unique, all these faces: worried, sad, funny, pretty, smiling or numb… Every time I think – God, what an incredible creation, this human being!
- I enjoy my cosy boss and overresponsible colleagues who, despite oil trading business all look like designer agents (pretty girls with smart branded togs and friendly traders with a dandy kick)
- I enjoy some stupid clients who do not want to understand the way our company works
- I enjoy having 5 projects run at the same time during one day
- I enjoy blogging in a free minute and Google talk with my best friends
- I enjoy walking back home through the incredibly beautiful and poetic city of Vienna, listening to the birds in the parks and taking pictures of a rich flower-decoration
- I enjoy making a homely evening for my husband and myself and
- I enjoy falling asleep feeling like in a cradle under a mother`s hand…
You may say my life is too easy, everyone else would enjoy it the same way! I wish you were right.
I bet my life is hard enough as yours – it is only the state of being which makes the difference!
I dont know the recipe of a joyful life, but I guess the thing that blocks it must be something like this.